Tuesday, March 17, 2020

1st Rear Spar - Routing Finished


 The first rear spar is done.  This is the upper wing spar.  The aileron attaches to it.

The aileron hinges set in the routed area on the aft face of the spar.  I left the spruce the full thickness on the forward face to give some extra strength to resist cracking.  That may cause a problem with the hinges which may need the bolt end longer.  The aileron spar is only 1/2" thick, same as the rear spar web.  My logic is that it's easier to make a new aileron if the spar cracks than a new wing.

I've realized I need to order glue and bolts if I plan to assemble wings.  Getting close.
I also need to check on my replacement spars.  I'd like to finish them while it's fresh in my mind how I've been doing all this.


No comments:

Post a Comment