Sunday, March 29, 2020

Ribs on 1st Wing - Lower Left


 The first rib is on the spars.  Yeah!

I had to take a plane to the top of the spars in a few spots to remove a couple thousandths of wood.  Ah, the joy of a sharp plane.  My brother David is the expert on sharp hand tools.
 I was finally able to face-time my grand daughter to show her that her first rib is on a wing.  She's "Physical Distancing" in upstate New York.  She helped build ribs during Christmas Break 2008-2009.  She used the picture as part of her presentation to her Kindergarten class on rib building.  She's now stressing over SAT scores and which engineering college to attend.  They do grow up fast.

The Fly Baby in the background was reassembled and is back at the airport awaiting weather, viruses, etc. to get it back flying.  I had to move it out to make room for building the wings.  I also took some time last year to finish the attic, much warmer in the winter.

 Here is the wing with the rest of the ribs in place.  Everything fits perfect.  Time to start actual assembly.

I need a bigger workshop.  I think I'd rather build wings than a workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment