Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lift, Drag and Center of Pressure Curves for the Aeromarine 2-A Airfoil


It's like Christmas again, first the radiator and now this.  I've search all over for this chart.  I knew the airfoil was tested at MIT in December 1922 but they say they threw away all their old files.  With this I should be able to recalculate the Longitudinal Stability and Control so I can determine a safe range for the center of gravity.  I have all the original weight data.  Nothing indicates they ever calculated where the CG should be, just where it was at gross weight.  Everything says the plane is tail heavy and the engine probably should move forward a little.  This is so cool.

I was searching the WACO Drawing CD from Steve Curry for some drawings for John LeBlanc and there it was.  I've had it for 3 years and didn't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment