Sunday, July 5, 2020

Leading Edge On Upper Right Wing, Varnishing Lower Left Wing


 It's been a busy day.  I worked on the Fly Baby first thing this morning while it was coolish at the airport.  Then I came home and glued the leading edge to the Upper Right wing.
 We mover the Lower Left wing to the tent in the driveway.  I have to push the C-140 out the other end to be able to rotate the wing all the way around.
 I started varnishing.  I did all the areas I could do with a 2" brush, wing walk, spars, etc.  I have an idea for getting into the gussets.  I need to run to the hardware store.

I'm using just over 1 quart per coat per wing.  I expect I'll be well over 2 gallons when I'm done with all for wings.  I've got about 2 hours doing the easy bits.

Back to the airport to work on the Fly Baby this evening.  It will be flying again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment