Wednesday, February 5, 2020

All Upper Spars Ready To Drill


 The aileron hinges are bolted directly to the rear face of the 1/2" thick web in the center of the rear spars, on the upper wings.  The hinges are an eye bolt and fork arrangement with a 5/16" bolt end.  The hinge sets in the carved out area and the rear face but the forward face doesn't need to be routed.  The areas where other things are attached are not routed, to provide extra strength.  The forward face of one of the old spars is not routed for the hinge at the tip of the spar.  The spar web is cracked at one of the inboard hinges.  I think the extra wood is needed at each hinge.  It means making the fork half of the hinges 1/4" longer to allow for the extra wood.  That's my plan right now.  Until I assemble the wings I can easily route these areas.





The layout is done on both of the upper rear spars.

I've started on the lower wing front spars.  When I get the lay out done on all the spars I'll start drill, then routing.


No comments:

Post a Comment