Saturday, February 15, 2020

More - Wing Attachment Bolt Holes in Spars


 The Roller stands do take a bit of time to get level with the table each time the table has to be moved up or down.  The rear spars are 1 1/4" thick and the front spars 1" thick, so the table had to move up for the front spars.

It takes a little wiggling to get that long spar aligned tight to the fence, but it gets there.

 For the front spars I used a 3/8" drill bit as a gauge to set the table depth.  I could have used a 1/2" bit for the 1 1/4" spars.

It got me thinking I cut a scrap piece of 1 1/8" tubing as a gauge for the distance to the end of the spar.  I started measuring sockets and found the 13/16" socket was also 1 1/8" in diameter.

 I found that I needed 2 clamps on the end stop so it didn't move.  The end swung out, changing the stop position.

I also found it easier to work with the spars If I clamped them to the table once aligned.
All lined up ready to drill. 

Back to drilling spars.

No comments:

Post a Comment