Tuesday, February 4, 2020

First 2 Spars Ready to Drill




 The 2 Upper Front spars are ready to start drilling and routing.

I set an original spar between them for comparison.  Everything matches exactly.  When they routed the spars, they used a shaper cutter of about 6" in diameter.  I have a plan to duplicate that shape at the ends of the cuts for the pads where the various fittings get installed.
The tip on the original spar must have cracked because they glued on a piece of spruce, 1/4" thick, on each side.  It gave me the idea to leave an unrouted area at he tip to have more wood for attaching the wing tip bow.  When I looked at he rear spar I found they had done this to strengthen the area of the outboard aileron hinge.  I'm working on laying out the routed areas on the rear spars now.

No comments:

Post a Comment