Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Lower Left Wing - 4th Lamination Glued On


 I carefully left the overlap between the leading edge and wingtip bow unglued so I could make sure it was lined up and not slide out of position when I did glue it.

I glued and clamped them together, and added a couple nails into the nose rib at the end of the tip bow.  I'll remove them later.  The little delay of a day was a good plan, much easier to deal with joining them.

I also added a glue block tying the end of the tip bow to the rib, to give it a little more strength.


 I did that first thing in the morning, then in the evening, I removed 2 clamps so I could add the 4th lamination to the tip bow.  I tapered the end of this lamination so it would fit better with the tapered end of the leading edge.

The 4th lamination glued and clamped.

Looking good. Ready for tip rib.



No comments:

Post a Comment