Sunday, June 7, 2020

Aileron Pulley Access and Wing Walk Structure Complete


 I've installed the blocks for the screws which hold the aileron pulley access cover.  The forward stick is notched so it's glued to the rib capstrips.  The aft block is just glued to the top of the spar.  Apparently there are no screw along the sides.
 The factory glued a stick about 3" up from the trailing edge of the wing walk and another stick 3/4" wide right at the trailing edge.  I just couldn't see that they added anything so I made a block to fill the space from the trailing edge to about 3" forward.  It's glued to the rib lower capstrips.

For the next wing I'll make this from a piece of 3/4" spruce, cut the notches for the capstrips and shape it before gluing it in.  This worked but It wasn't worth the extra trouble.


 I shaped it to fit the ribs with the block plane and band file.

The plywood will be here any day so I need to varnish areas which can't be easily done after the plywood is on.

It's time to make the pieces for the leading edge and wing tip bow for the 2 wings I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment